We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
– we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
– we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
– we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Zoe Lea, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact me via our contact details at the end of this policy.
1. Personal Data I collect via my website zoelea.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to me
I only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to receive free content, including eBooks, news and offers;
· Type of data collected: Email address / First name / Last name
When you complete the Contact Me form·
Type of data collected: Email address / First Name / Last name / Any Personal Data which you provide to me in the free text box of the form
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
– process and manage your use of my website;
– respond to your questions, comments and requests;
– where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
– improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I may share Personal Data as necessary with an assistant for the sake of setting up newsletter campaigns or sending competition prizes.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I use Mailchimp, a respected email tool with security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I and they maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email [hellozoelea@gmailcom] to:
– see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
– ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
– ask me to delete your Personal Data;
– object to the processing of your Personal Data;
– ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
– withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
– express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
Email for Privacy Questions: email@example.com
Postal Address: Zoe Lea, c/o Office 1E, Low House Business Center, Matson Ground, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3NA
10. Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
I may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
I will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and to prevent fraud and increase website security. I will use the persistent cookies to enable my website to recognise you when you visit and keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of my website.
In most Internet browsers, you can change your settings so that you will be warned each time a cookie is being sent, or so that cookies will be turned off. With cookies blocked, some functions of the site may not operate properly.