Creative intentions. I know, the cynic in me gave it a bit of an eye roll when I typed that phrase out too, but ‘goals’ sounds a bit too serious and ‘resolutions’ are something I’ve never been able to stick to, so intentions it is.
September always has a New Year vibe about it don’t you think? All summer I’ve been saying, ‘when summer is over, I’m going to…’ or ‘when the kids are back at school, I’ll work on…’
And now it’s here.
I’m looking forward to crisp mornings, trees filled with yellow and orange leaves, woolly blankets, candles and hot soup. I have plans for exercise and eating, decorating jobs around the house and travelling, but those intentions are for other lists. This is what I plan to do creatively.
With only four months left in this year, I’m going to try and split it up, month by month into my creative intentions for that time. I’m hoping that by focusing on shorter periods like this, instead of grouping everything I want done by Christmas together, it’ll be more effective. I’ll also have a bit of accountability in the form of this blog, as I plan to update how I’m getting on at the end of each month.
Here’s my creative intentions for September.
- Write at least one thousand words on my novel every day
- Read three fiction books: Lisa Jewell, Dawn O’Porter and Rachel Rhys for starters
- Get more organised with my Instagram, I seem to have forgotten my account a lot this summer
- Research and start a Facebook book club group
- Get more regular with my blog posts, two a week for the next four weeks!
What do you want to achieve creatively this month? Do you feel an urge to achieve something in the final part of this year? Let me know so we can cheer each other on.